Monday, January 25, 2016

Smoker Profile: Bruce Gallagher (Co-Founder of Cigars Guns & Whiskey)


What was you first cigar experience? 
A friend of mine at work turned me on to cigars after I saw some books in his office.
He recommended that I visit Cigars International and start with a sampler pack and humidor setup. I think the whole thing ran me $45 shipped with 10 sticks. The first one I tried was the Cohiba Red Dot in Robusto, while I didn’t know anything about cigars or the cigar culture I did like this stick nice and creamy taste, etc. 

What are your top 3 favorite cigars?
1) JSK by Riste Risteski
Jas Sum Kral "I Am King" 
Full body smoke that wows the senses. This is a boutique cigar but don’t be fooled, this cigar is creamy, complex, and peppery throughout and grows with every puff. I will always have a box or two in my humidor.

2) No. 77 Shark by Arturo Fuente
Añejo Series
I really enjoy this cigar because of how it’s prepared and aged. Fuente ages its Maduro wrapper for 5 years in used Cognac barrels. This cigar smokes really nice with lots of smoke and flavor throughout. There is a sweet mildly spicy flavor to the cigar with a nice subtle creaminess on the finish. While all of their cigars are great I choose this one because it stands out from all of the rest.

3) Liga Privada 9 by Drew Estate
Liga Privada “Private Blend”
Liga Series
This cigar is my go to when I want something to fill the void of my day or evening. Great anytime smoke especially in the evening. The flavors of this cigar are full of deep dark earthiness with the hint of Cuban espresso throughout. This cigar starts out medium but then takes on a life of its own and becomes full in body. This cigar is for the true cigar connoisseur and not the beginner.

What is your go to cigar shop?
While I prefer to shop the Internet market. I will venture out to some of the local B&M’s in the area. 
Roz’s Cigar Emporium in Ocala, FL. 
It is great because he has stuff you can not find in other shops and is very knowledgeable.
Link to the shop:
or 
Cigar Hustler in Deltona, FL
Mike and his brother Gregg have an awesome shop and can put their hands on literally anything and most of everything. Great guys and their staff are awesome as well. These guys know their stuff when it comes to cigars.
Link to the shop:

What do you look for when entering a shops humidor?
First and foremost the stock. How many different types they carry, humidity levels. I’ve been to a lot of shops and those are the 3 things I look for. If they carry just a few lines or stuff I can get at random generic shops then I will look around but probably not buy. If their stock is low and there are too many empty boxes or slots on the shelves I’ll probably not buy. If there is no humidification or humidors at all I will leave and not buy. When I walk into a shops humidor the air should feel different, all the shelves should stocked, and there should many many different lines of cigars.

What is you cigar time usually like?
My cigar is my own. I like to reflect on life, problems, etc. I try to just relax and take it all in. There is no greater force in this world then your mind. When I smoke a really good cigar it’s because it was a great day and I want to continue that experience. If I smoke a short cigar it’s usually because I’m busy or have to go somewhere. When I smoke decent cigars it’s because I’m mad or upset with something or someone. I smoke and have reasons for all the times I have a cigar it just really depends on what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment