Sunday, January 1, 2017

Florida Cigar Club Top 10 Cigars of 2016



For over year I have had the idea of creating a Top 10 Cigar List, but I did not want it created from just my opinions. The great thing about being a cigar smoker is the ability to share your experiences and opinions of cigars with fellow smokers. The cigar culture, whether it be virtual or in-person, is such a fantastic way to discover new cigars and friends. For 3 years now I have been apart of The Florida Cigar Club and have created so many friendships since. 2016 has been such a great year for expanding my knowledge of cigars and enjoying the company of other smokers (Shout out to my brothers of The Weekly Tradition). A few months back I was promoted to an Administrator of The FCC and said to myself, "This is the year I will finally make a Top 10 List."
With the go ahead of the great Mike Palmer, I announced the first official Florida Cigar Club Top 10 Cigar List. Contributors had the month of December to tell me their current Top 5 cigars, which I then put into a Master List.


For the list I have had:
43 Contributers
215 Total Cigar Entries
with 16 cigars collecting three or more votes.

Now that the month has ended, the data is in.
The following is the official Florida Cigar Club Top 10 Cigars of 2016.

#10 (Tie)
Montecristo #2 and Punch Rare Corojo

-D Bear Allen

#9 Joya de Nicaragua Antano by Drew Estate 

-The Smokemaster

#8 Acid Kuba Kuba by Drew Estate

-Dan Fialle

#7 Hemingway by Arturo Fuente

-Bruce Gallagher

#6 New World by AJ Fernandez 

-Blaine Rodenbaugh


#Platino by Cordoba & Morales

-Dominic Gemilli

#4 The Leaf By Oscar

-The Smokemaster


#3 Oliva Serie V

-Steve McClelland


#2 KFC by Drew Estate

-Mike Palmer

                                                                                                                                                  

Before the winner is revealed, here are a few honorable mentions and some accolades.

Top Voted Companies:
#1 Drew Estate with 38 total cigar entries
#2 Cordoba & Morales with 15 cigar entries
#3 Arturo Fuente with 13 cigar entries

Honorable Mentions:
Arturo Fuente Anejo
Camacho Triple Maduro
Cordoba & Morales 19th Hole
Drew Estate Norteno
Joya De Nicaragua Joya Red

Number of FCC Members that Contributed:
43

                                                                                                       

Without further ado, here is The Florida Cigar Club's #1 Cigar of 2016....




#1 Undercrown by Drew Estate

-The Smokemaster
Undercrown has taken the crown.

I want to say thank you to all The Florida CIgar Club, all the 43 contributers, and the President of The FCC Mike Palmer for helping make this list possible.

Who knows what 2017's list will look like?

If one of your favorite cigars made the list, or did not, let me know in the comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment