Monday, February 15, 2016

Smoker Profile: Blaine Rodenbaugh


What was your first cigar experience?
My first cigar experience was back in the early 80's with my best friend who smoked Dutch Masters Cameroon Elites. Back then insurance companies didn't consider cigar smoking as hazardous, so that's why I started smoking them. Quit smoking them after a few years as I stopped smoking at the request of my then wife. I smoked cigarettes for many many years, from the age of 14, until I finally quit in 2008. In 2012, a good friend bought me some cigars for my birthday, which were Cuban Stocks and Tatianas. From there it snowballed into a new experience for me, trying new cigars whenever I could, and purchasing samplers of great variety.

What are your top 3 favorite cigars?
At this moment my top 3 favorite cigars are the Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, the Gran Habano Persian King, and Leaf by Oscar. I expect these could change in the future as my palette develops a taste for stronger cigars

What is your go to cigar shop?
My go to cigar shop is Cutter's Cigar in Brandon. Whatever I can't find there I usually purchase online.

What do you look for when entering a shop's humidor?
Other than cigars, obviously, I look for a friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere, and a good product selection.

What is your cigar time usually like?
My cigar time is mainly when I relax, mostly at home or a friend's, but also slow time at work when I'm usually found on my laptop searching for deals (cigars) online.

No comments:

Post a Comment