Monday, February 1, 2016

Smoker Profile: D Bear Allen



What was your first cigar experience?
My first cigars were Backwoods. I was 18 (40 years ago) and I liked to fish the rivers in Ohio. The cigars kept all the bugs away,


What are your top 3 favorite cigars?
My #1 stick would be the Brickhouse Maduro. I like the flavor, to me a bit woodsy with a touch of spice.
#2 would be the Asylum 13. It has a nice even burn with consistent flavor all through.
#3 would be Camacho Triple Maduro. It is a good full body stick with a lot of strong natural flavor.

What is your go to cigar shop?
My favorite shop is Ash Brothers in Largo. A small personable place to sit and relax, meet new people or enjoy time with good friends.
Link to the shop:

What do you look for when entering a shop's humidor?
When I go into a shop the first thing for me is whether or not they have a walk-in humidor. How well the humidor is maintained for humidity, doesn't matter what brands they have if the humidity is off. Then what brands do they have. I like to try different sticks so I am always looking.

What is your cigar time usually like?
My favorite stick time is in the mornings. I enjoy sitting outside with coffee or a bottle of water and have a nice stick while just letting my mind wander. I enjoy smoking with friends also but by myself is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment