Thursday, March 10, 2016

Smoker Profile: Nicholas Parsons


What was your first cigar experience?
I think my first cigar experience, I was five. My dad came home from vacation and was unpacking his sea-bag. And inside was a box of Dutch Masters cigars. I remember when he had one, that it was a distinctive smell, different from his cigarettes. An enjoyable scent.


What are your top 3 favorite cigars?
Shit, the great thing about cigars is the top three, top five, they're always changing. If I had to pick three right now, I would say Undercrown by Drew Estate, Box Pressed Double Ligero by Rolling Thunder, and the JSK Jas Sum Kral.

What is your go to cigar shop?
Clearwater Cigar Company. Great owner, very knowledgeable in his product and quite personable. He carries fine cigars in general. Great atmosphere and a great bunch of ball-busters that are there on a daily basis.

What do you look for when entering a shop's humidor?
Selection is important. Selection, organization, and cleanliness. And then something new. For me, if I walk into a humidor and the sticks aren't organized, then I walk out of there. If it's unorganized and messy, then for me, it's because the staff just do not care.

What is your cigar time usually like?
(laughs) I have two types of cigar time. I have my at-work time, then my at-home time. At work, my cigar time is a way for me to escape the day-in-day-out of living on a boat for two months.
At work, I might have three to four a week. There might be days when I'm loading the boat and it's two or three that day; then there's other times where it might be a couple days.
At home, my cigar time is a way for me to sit outside, enjoy my backyard, relax at home, and spend time with my wife. Also the occasional get-together with friends is always a nice way to enjoy a cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment