Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Smoker Profile: Thomas "Postman" Post



What was your first cigar experience?
First cigar experience ... Wow! That was quite some time ago. Let's see, I was about 25 at the time and playing a round of golf with friends.
After nine holes, we were at the turn and one friend broke out cigars he'd brought. He offered everyone in our group a cigar, so I took him up on his offer and accepted one. Now mind you, I'm a novice at this time in my life regarding cigars but I'd never had one before and opportunity was knocking. Brace yourselves folks, this is where my first cigar experience turns ugly ... Ahem, if my recollection serves me correctly, that first cigar was ... a Swisher Sweet!

What are your top 3 favorite cigars?
My top three favorite cigars - Drew Estate Acid Kuba Kuba / Carlos Torano Reserva Decadencia / Romeo Y Julieta #4 (Cuban).

What is your go to cigar shop?
Go To Cigar Shop - That would be an array of local shops in Pinellas County. Ash Brothers Cigar Store / St. Pete Cigar / ABC Fine Wine & Spirits. I do shop from time to time online for cigars that the local shops do not carry. They include Cigar International / Best Cigar Prices / Thompson. 

What do you look for when entering a shop's humidor?
When I enter a shop's humidor, I'm looking for cleanliness, organization, variety and of course, space to move around when I'm not the only one in there!

What is your cigar time usually like?
My cigar time is primarily with others who enjoy the leaf. That time is often accompanied with spirits, music and if I'm hosting and time permits, a little BBQ!

1 comment: